Please follow the links below for the LVYCC Club Constitution and other LVYCC policies.
We have a Code of Conduct that we require all of our members to abide by. Please can parents ensure they understand the Code of Conduct and read through it with their children.
It is a requirement that a parent or guardian must remain at the club throughout the club session due to both legal and child welfare requirements. Whilst your child is at the club, you are able to use the cafe and free wi-fi provided by Redbridge Cycling Centre.
Alternatively we always welcome volunteers to help run the club activities. No experience of cycling is necessary. If you are interested in helping out, then please speak to Bob or Julie Griffiths or one of the other helpers.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to speak to our Club Welfare Officer or any of the Committee members.
Lee Valley Youth Cycling Club – Rider Code of Conduct
As a rider I will:
- Arrive in good time to prepare properly for the session
- Wear suitable clothing for all cycling sessions both on & off the bike
- Set & maintain a high level of good conduct & behaviour both on & off the bike
- Always change into suitable footwear when leaving the track centre
- Never walk or ride across the track when a coaching session is in progress without permission from the trackside coach/official
- Abide by & listen to the instructions of the coaches/officials.
- Always accept the coach’s/official’s decisions without any adverse comment & without showing any form of dissent
- Ride safely & to the best of my ability
- Recognise everyone’s good performance & not just good results
- Never belittle another rider for losing a race or making mistakes – We are here to learn!
- Never use inappropriate, foul or abusive language, or tolerate such language from others
- Respect the rights, dignity & worth of all participants regardless of their gender, ability, disability, cultural background or religion
Breaches of the Code of Conduct can be reported to the group coaches, your club coach or club Welfare Officer
Lee Valley Youth Cycling Club – Parent Code of Conduct
As a parent/carer/partner and/or coach of a member of the club you are expected to abide by the following code:
- Informing the coach of any specific health requirements or medical conditions of your child in advance of the coaching session by completion of a Club Membership form or a Parental Consent form
- Advising the coach if your child has to leave early or is being collected by someone other than a parent/carer, giving details of the arrangement including who will be collecting your child, when and at what time
- Encouraging all to learn the rules and play within them
- Discouraging unfair play and arguing with officials
- Helping to recognise good performance and not just results
- Setting a good example by recognising fair play and applauding the good performances of all
- Never punishing or abusing a child for losing or making mistakes
- Publicly accepting officials’ judgments and teaching children to do likewise
- Supporting your child’s involvement and help them to enjoy their sport
- Using appropriate language at all times
- Remembering that children participate in sport for their enjoyment, not yours
- Supporting all efforts to remove verbal and physical abuse from sporting activities
- Respecting the rights, dignity and worth of every rider regardless of their age, gender, ability, disability, cultural background or religion
- Showing appreciation and respect for coaches, officials and administrators. Remember, without them, there would be no events or club to participate in.
British Cycling qualified coaches are bound by the British Cycling’s Code of Conduct and Sports Coach UK Code of Conduct. They have completed Safeguarding and Protecting Children training & are suitably educated in Child Protection as a minimum standard