Redbridge cycling centre have had interest in running an evening session on the road circuit with customers using their own bike lights. We are therefore going to run a test evening session on Monday the 9th of December from 17:00-20:00 with the idea of holding regular sessions in the New Year.
Cost will be £4.00 for adults and £2.40 for under 16 riders. Any under 12s will need to accompanied by an adult at all times.
There will be some safety provisos which will include the following:
- Lights must be good enough to light an area of track 2 metres wide from a distance of 9 metres away. This is the distance from the wooden bench to the judges box on the patio area opposite the centre. We tested this with a small BTwin LED and it was just bright enough, so preferably more powerful lights should be used.
- Flashing only front LEDs will not be allowed.
- All riders must also have a red rear light on themselves or their bikes
- All riders must sign in and out so we know who is left on the circuit.
- All riders must sign a disclaimer to say that they understand the rules for the night riding.
Please feel free to circulate this e-mail to your members or put details on your website.
Ian would like to know how many riders will be attending so if interested people can e-mail him at email@example.com to register.