Normal club this week at usual times of 10am – 12 noon.
- MTBers: this Saturday there will be another session with Tony Madgwick for those wishing to progress their MTB skills and handling. Please bring flat pedals and suitable shoes.
- Congratulations to Louis Rolfe who is now on the GB Paralympic development team. More details in a later post.
- make sure riders are dressed for the weather ( more thin layers rather than just a thick layer)
- arrive in plenty of time to sign on and hire bikes if necessary, ready to start at 10am
- Parents/carers are required to stay at the circuit for the entire session (there is a cafe with free wifi) or we always seek volunteer helpers & it would be something to do instead of hanging round getting bored!
- No adult riders unless you are a coach or approved helper (see the coaches if you want to help)
- Don’t forget to sign out before you leave
- Make sure that you or your child have your payment with you when you sign on. Only Coaches are exempt from paying a session fee.
- See the track post below about riding track at Herne Hill in the half term holidays.
- See the Club Calendar about half term cycling at Hog Hill.
- If you haven’t renewed your membership yet then you will need to sign-on on the non-members sheet and pay the non-member fee. Memberships only take effect from the 1st Saturday of the month following receipt of membership form and payment.
- Please complete our membership survey. If there is more than one member in your family you need to complete the survey for EACH member. This will mean that every member receives a membership number. Member Survey
- Sky Ride Local is back for 2013 and Redbridge are looking for confident recreational cyclists to train as Ride Leaders. You don’t need to be a cycling expert, just be confident riding in groups and have heaps of enthusiasm. The course is FREE!. Details here
- Redbridge Cycling Centre are having another Open Day. This Year its on Sunday 9th June. It was a great day last year. See the post below for full details.
The item below confirms that the London Youth Games take place on 6th July 2013. The Redbridge cycling team is being managed by our own Tony Madgwick. If you live or go to school in the borough of Redbridge then you may well be eligible to join the team. Please contact Tony if you are interested in riding for Redbridge on 07725510139 or email him email@example.com
Hi guys we are running trials on behalf of the London borough of Hackney for their London Youth games cycling squad – the next one will be at Hog Hill on Saturday 8th June at 9am and will be completed before the usual LVYCC Saturday morning sessions – one lap for U12s and two for U16s – if you have any riders that live or go to school in Hackney they are eligible to trial for the squad – also if any of your riders want to test themselves anyway they are welcome to join in – the LYG are on the 6th July – same day as the national circuit champs for youth up in Blackpool so I expect some of the serious racers will be going to do that instead – totally understandable however they are still welcome to test themselves – we’ll be there with stopwatches….Neil Irons